forms in html

wes

Hi guys
Why is it that when i use the code:
<FORM action="menu.php" method="POST">
<INPUT type="submit" name="Menu" value="Return to Menu">
</FORM>
...it doesnt always take me to the page, it just reloads the current
page?

But when i use:
<FORM action="menu.php" method="POST">
</FORM>

<FORM action="menu.php" method="POST">
<INPUT type="submit" name="Menu" value="Return to Menu">
</FORM>
....and basically repeat the code, it works. Does anyone else have this
problem? Am i goin about solving it in the correct manner?

Toby Inkster

wes said:
Why is it that when i use the code:
<FORM action="menu.php" method="POST">
<INPUT type="submit" name="Menu" value="Return to Menu">
</FORM>
..it doesnt always take me to the page, it just reloads the current
page?

I'm guessing you have a nesting problem elsewhere on the page.

wes

Nope, i have php in the page as well, i thought that might be the
problem but it wasnt coz when i greyed it out, the problem still
persisted.

thanks any guys

wes

Nope, i have php in the page as well, i thought that might be the
problem but it wasnt coz when i greyed it out, the problem still
persisted.

thanks any guys

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", wes finally
proclaimed:
Why is it that when i use the code:

Snippets of code won't help us to help you. Can you give us a URL to the
actual page where the problem is occurring?

wes

the page is on our server but the firewall wont allow external users.
the thing is, the prob doesnt always occur. how abt i paste the entire
code...gona be abit messy though??

thanks

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", wes finally
proclaimed:
the page is on our server but the firewall wont allow external users.
the thing is, the prob doesnt always occur. how abt i paste the entire
code...gona be abit messy though??

Could you upload the code to somewhere else to allow us to take a look?
Most of the time, when people post code, folk like myself can't be
bothered to copy n' paste it into a new file ;)

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", wes finally
proclaimed:
could i email you the pages?

(Please quote the message you are replying to)

You won't be able to. The email address I use here doesn't accept
incoming mail, and the contact form you'd be directed to doesn't let you
attach files. I've had far too many problems with spam to publish my
real email address here.

Besides, problems should stay in the group so that everyone can benefit
from the discussion and solutions (if applicable).