FORMS in XSLT

gipsy boy

How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from the
HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
How can I render XML to a html form then?

Tjerk Wolterink

gipsy said:
How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from the
HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
How can I render XML to a html form then?

i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

gipsy boy

Tjerk said:
i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

<xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
<FORM action="edit" method="POST">
Hello
<INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
</FORM>
<TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
</xsl:template>

Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
output. Is this normal?..

gipsy boy

gipsy said:
<xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
<FORM action="edit" method="POST">
Hello
<INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
</FORM>
<TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
</xsl:template>

Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
output. Is this normal?..

Ah, it appears this only happens because <FORM> needs to be inside a
<TD>, it can't float above a <TR>