    How can I render XML to a html form then?

    --
    - gipsy boy
    gipsy boy, Jan 12, 2005

  2. gipsy boy wrote:
    > How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from the
    > HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
    > How can I render XML to a html form then?

    i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?
    Tjerk Wolterink, Jan 12, 2005

  3. gipsy boy

    gipsy boy Guest

    Tjerk Wolterink wrote:
    > gipsy boy wrote:
    >
    >> How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from
    >> the HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
    >> How can I render XML to a html form then?
    >>

    > i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

    <xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
    <FORM action="edit" method="POST">
    Hello
    <INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
    </FORM>
    <TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
    count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
    </xsl:template>

    Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
    the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
    If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
    output. Is this normal?..

    --
    - gipsy boy
    gipsy boy, Jan 12, 2005
  4. gipsy boy

    gipsy boy Guest

    gipsy boy wrote:
    > Tjerk Wolterink wrote:
    >
    >> gipsy boy wrote:
    >>
    >>> How is it that everything I put between <FORM> tags disappears from
    >>> the HTML rendering, when I use an XSL transformation?
    >>> How can I render XML to a html form then?
    >>>

    >> i do not see what you mean. do you have an example?

    > <xsl:template match="CANDIDATE">
    > <FORM action="edit" method="POST">
    > Hello
    > <INPUT type="submit" value="test"/>
    > </FORM>
    > <TR valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    > <TD rowspan="4" style="font-size:24px;color:#BBBBBB">#<xsl:number
    > count="CANDIDATE"/></TD>
    > </xsl:template>
    >

    > Without the <FORM> tag, everything gets rendered correctly, but with it,
    > the button that's inside it just disappears (with the "Hello".
    > If I put the <FORM> around everything, it all disappears in the HTML
    > output. Is this normal?..

    Ah, it appears this only happens because <FORM> needs to be inside a
    <TD>, it can't float above a <TR>

    --
    - gipsy boy
    gipsy boy, Jan 12, 2005