Forms, Roles, and webconfig

J

janet

I've got a root web and basically two subfolder applications within it. I've been trying to look at the asp.net configuration settings in IIS6. Since I need different login pages (located in different subfolders), and need two different sql servers to lookup login authentication (already established which I cannot change), I guess the sqlprovider won't work? I think I have to set up subapplications in IIS6 and use sub-webconfig files?

Should I be setting sub-applications in IIS6, editing webconfig for the sub-applications? If so, in .net2, if I wanted to enable the roles, and use a custom sql lookup, and I need a custom form for the user to add themselves. Do I need to delete the managed provider? Do I need to enable role management and then delete the aspNetSqlRoleProvider? Then add a something similar to the item in http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/082703-1.aspx article in each sub-applications global.asax file?

'Sub Application_AuthenticateRequest(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
'If Request.IsAuthenticated Then
'Determine this user's roles
'Dim reader As SqlDataReader = blah blah

Ask a Question