    on the net?

    thanks for any hints...

    Arby
    Arby Trary, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Arby Trary

    Karl Core Guest

    "Arby Trary" <> wrote in message
    news:%_CGd.88102$nN6.57870@edtnps84...
    > Hi..
    >
    > I'm helping design a simple consumer feedback form that will help profile
    > user demographics.
    > We want to have a <select> list for "occupation", perhaps breaking down
    > into a dozen or so categories that might cover the major employment
    > fields.
    >
    > Are there any examples of this type of <select> menu that I could download
    > on the net?

    Check the major employment websites for what they do.
    I know that HotJobs, Careerbuilder, and Monster spend a considerable amount
    of money on usability, so I can imagine that they have some pretty clear
    dropdowns for occupation choices on their sites.

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Arby Trary

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:43:55 GMT Arby Trary wrote:

    > Hi..

    > I'm helping design a simple consumer feedback form that will help
    > profile
    > user demographics.
    > We want to have a <select> list for "occupation", perhaps breaking down
    > into
    > a dozen or so categories that might cover the major employment fields.

    > Are there any examples of this type of <select> menu that I could
    > download
    > on the net?

    > thanks for any hints...

    > Arby

    Search google for "Drop down menu box".
    Any good html editor will have this available.
    All you need to do is to add the items.
    Richard, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Arby Trary

    ghoul Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:43:55 GMT Arby Trary wrote:
    >
    >> Hi..

    >> I'm helping design a simple consumer feedback form that will help
    >> profile
    >> user demographics.
    >> We want to have a <select> list for "occupation", perhaps breaking down
    >> into
    >> a dozen or so categories that might cover the major employment fields.

    >> Are there any examples of this type of <select> menu that I could
    >> download
    >> on the net?

    >> thanks for any hints...

    >> Arby

    > Search google for "Drop down menu box".
    > Any good html editor will have this available.
    > All you need to do is to add the items.

    translation you dont know and did you nice folks know Richard is a sicko?
    ghoul, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Arby Trary

    Arby Trary Guest

    >>> I'm helping design a simple consumer feedback form that will help
    >>> profile
    >>> user demographics.
    >>> We want to have a <select> list for "occupation", perhaps breaking down
    >>> into
    >>> a dozen or so categories that might cover the major employment fields.

    >>> Are there any examples of this type of <select> menu that I could
    >>> download
    >>> on the net?

    >>> thanks for any hints...

    >>> Arby

    >> Search google for "Drop down menu box".
    >> Any good html editor will have this available.
    >> All you need to do is to add the items.

    > translation you dont know and did you nice folks know Richard is a sicko?

    It's not the coding for drop-down boxes that's the problem - it's the list
    of major "occupations". Just wondering if there were any web resources that
    might provide sample listings of commonly used drop-down features, ie,
    country-names, state-names, any other multiple-choice arrays that might be
    fairly standard.

    Arby
    Arby Trary, Jan 28, 2005