forms stopped working

Bill

We have 3 simple submission forms on our website that have worked great
for at least two years. Here is one:
http://www.hcpl.lib.fl.us/catalog_materialrequest.htm
Nothing has changed to my knowledge. Suddenly
nothing is being delivered. When you send the form in IE the debugger
pops up (run time error occured on line 71) and points to the following
line within the form: <form method="post" action="cgi-bin/formmail.pl"
onsubmit="return validateForm(this)"> This is not an SMTP issue -
verified. We were using Matts formmail; so I tried the NMS formmail
(more secure) - the same problem occurred with it also so we know its
not a formmail issue. It must be our actual html (xhtml)form. This may
be a javascript or html issue not sure. Anyone see anything wrong with
the above code or form? Thanks - Bill

Martin Honnen

Bill said:
We have 3 simple submission forms on our website that have worked great
for at least two years. Here is one:
http://www.hcpl.lib.fl.us/catalog_materialrequest.htm
Nothing has changed to my knowledge. Suddenly
nothing is being delivered. When you send the form in IE the debugger
pops up (run time error occured on line 71) and points to the following
line within the form: <form method="post" action="cgi-bin/formmail.pl"
onsubmit="return validateForm(this)">

You get a client-side script error that the function validateForm is not
defined. So you need to include a client-side script that defines that
function or you need to remove the onsubmit attribute from the form.
I don't see anything related to XML in that problem thus if you have
further questions you might try a scripting or HTML authoring group.