Forms

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tom, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,
    Could someone please tell me whether there is a script available to do
    the following;

    On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
    details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
    just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
    immediately.

    With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
    websites.

    Thanks for your help

    Tom

    ---

    Tom, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Tom

    Andy Holmes Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Could someone please tell me whether there is a script available to do
    > the following;
    >
    > On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
    > details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
    > just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
    > immediately.
    >
    > With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
    > websites.

    It's very possible to that with PHP. I would recommend reading up a bit
    on PHP because what you're asking is really trivial given a bit of
    reading. The PHP manual at www.php.net is a good start.

    - Andy

    Andy Holmes, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Tom

    Safalra Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message news:<3fc2c958$0$14048$>...
    > On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
    > details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
    > just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
    > immediately.
    > With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
    > websites.

    Depending on whether you want to use the GET or the POST method,
    you'll want variants on either:

    http://www.safalra.com/programming/php/getecho.php

    Or:

    http://www.safalra.com/programming/php/postecho.php