    Is there a limit to the number of characters a form can send, or is it some
    other design problem

    Thanks Hugh
    Hugh Welford, Oct 28, 2005

  2. What does "refuses to send" mean? Do you get an error? Are you only seeing
    some of your data in a database? If so, what kind of database? What's the
    data type of the column? What version of IIS? What does your code look
    like?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 29, 2005

  3. Hugh Welford

    Hugh Welford Guest

    Hi Ray

    "refuses to send" means that the submit button ceases to function after a
    certain amount of data has been typed into one or any of the text boxes -
    delete one character and the form becomes active andsends.

    No error - just an inactive submit button - nothing at all happens

    No data gets to the data base (ACCESS) - destined for a memo field.

    IIS 6

    Since you are asking these questions, you have answered my original question
    in the negative i.e. there is no limit, so it must be another design fault.
    The code is horrendous - I will try to reconstruct the form and see how I
    get on

    Thanks for your time

    Hugh

    message news:%...

    Hugh Welford, Oct 29, 2005
  4. That sounds like a bizarre browser issue then. Either that, or someone put
    in some client-side code to disable the submit button when a field reaches a
    certain length. If you think about what aSp is, you'll see that it can't be
    an ASP issue if a submit button in a browser goes from enabled to disabled
    while filling out a form. If you didn't write page, look for javascript
    functions that are checking the lengths of the values in your textareas and
    disabling the submit button.

    BTW, there is a limit on posted data:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2223

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 29, 2005
  5. Hugh Welford

    Hugh Welford Guest

    Thanks Ray - great help

    Posted it in asp in habit cos you guys are great and know all the answers!!!

    Hugh

    message news:...

    Hugh Welford, Oct 29, 2005