FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage is not passed fully qualified url

jacob

I have two web applications on the same server:

http://localhost/ModemUpgrade

and

http://localhost/TestFormAuth

The web.config of ModemUpgrade:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".cuid"
loginUrl="http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx" path="/">
</forms>
</authentication>

PROBLEM:
when I call FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage from
MemberLogin.asp,

I notice that ReturnUrl=/ModemUpgrade/Agree.aspx
This keeps me on http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx
because it doesn't have the fully qualified url
(http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://localhost/ModemUpgrade/Agree.aspx)
needed to complete the redirect

If I manually surf to:
http://localhost/TestFormAuth/MemberLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://localhost/ModemUpgrade/Agree.aspx

the whole thing works...Please advise. Thanks.

Wes Henderson

Try modifying your application a bit so that MemberLogin.aspx is located in
the /ModemUpgrade folder. Have the redirect point to there instead of
putting it in a separate folder.

--
Regards,

Wes Henderson,
MCSE: Security

In order to help everyone, please direct all replies to this newsgroup.
This posting is my personal effort to provide help and is not on behalf of
any company.
Also, this posting is provided "AS IS" with no expressed or implied
warranties.