formsauthentication.signout() problem

Nitin

Hi,
I login to my asp.net web application from the same client machine twice,
using different credentials.
Both separate instances work fine, independant of each other.

However, when I logout from 1 browser instance, I am automatically logged
off from other instance too.

I use formsauthentication.signout() method to sign off the user/ redirect to
the login page.

Any ideas regarding what I could be doing wrong here?
Thanks for your help.

Brock Allen

I suspect your browser's sharing the cookie across both browser sessions,
so once you login the secon time, the first browser starts to connect as
the second user since it's now using that cookie.

Nitin

I checked it up by debugging the application for both browser instances
simultaneously - The cookie values are separate for each browser session.

A little history about my problem -
Earlier, as soon as I logged into a second browser instance, I was logged
out of the first one.
This problem was resolved by adding -
<machineKey validationKey="AutoGenerate" decryptionKey="AutoGenerate"/>
- in the web.config.
But the logoff problem still remains.

JFI - I am storing user credential information in the cookie, to enable me
to pickup account specific information.
And the code seems to be doing all the right things.

Some thing else that I might be missing?

Nitin