FormsAuthentication.SignOut() what to do after

IfThenElse

Hi,

I am still able to navigate back to secure area even after calling
FormsAuthentication.SignOut() on the
logoff.aspx

I read some place that I need to clear the cookie, expire it etc..

But I am not getting it right. Need examples tutorials etc.. please

help.

Dominick Baier

By using the back button?

SignOut does indeed clear the cooie - which doesn't mean that this cookie
would not be valid if re-send.

Try closing the browser - can you still navigate to the secured area after
opening a new browser?

IfThenElse

Dominick,

Sorry for the late response.

if I close and open a new browser window NO I can not go to the secure area,
which is good.

if I click on logoff then past a secure URL then I can still go there. I
don't want that to happen.

I did not try the back button.

Thank you for any further help.