FormsAuthentication system dsn odbc error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Michael S., Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Michael S.

    Michael S. Guest

    I have an asp.net application which uses FormsAuthentication.
    I have a reference to a vb6 dll (updateSage).
    I pass to the updateSage.dll values to update a database and a
    connection string.
    The connection string is a System DSN.
    The DSN is on the same machine as the ASP.Net application.
    The Database the DSN connects to is on a different server.
    I get an ODBC error when I try to update the database.

    I have called the same dll using a vb.net application with no problem.

    Does anyone know what could be wrong?

    I thought it might be something to do with security not have
    sufficiient permission to access the other server but if this is the
    case how do I get round it.
    Thanks
    Michael

    Michael S., Jan 3, 2005

  2. Can you post the error?

    --
    Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    MCP ASP.NET C#

    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\), Jan 3, 2005

  3. Michael S.

    Guest

    The error is not very helpful -
    '01000: The driver returned invalid (or failed to return)
    SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00'

    , Jan 6, 2005
  4. Michael S.

    Guest