FormsAuthentication system dsn odbc error

Michael S.

I have an asp.net application which uses FormsAuthentication.
I have a reference to a vb6 dll (updateSage).
I pass to the updateSage.dll values to update a database and a
connection string.
The connection string is a System DSN.
The DSN is on the same machine as the ASP.Net application.
The Database the DSN connects to is on a different server.
I get an ODBC error when I try to update the database.

I have called the same dll using a vb.net application with no problem.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I thought it might be something to do with security not have
sufficiient permission to access the other server but if this is the
case how do I get round it.
Thanks
Michael

michael

The error is not very helpful -
'01000: The driver returned invalid (or failed to return)
SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00'

michael

The message is not very helpful -