FormsAuthentication - Weird Behaviour

dotCore

Hi,

I have VS2003.NET, XP Pro and SQL 2000. The .NET framework is 1.1 The
problem I am having with the source code is that I cannot authenticate any
user. The sproc returns the user name from database which also means that
the user should be authenticated. It runs the SetAuthCookie method with
success. The resulting page is no different than the initial page. The login
component is still there. When I try to access an admin page directly it
cannot find any cookie. IIS for sure uses 1.1 framework. The browser
security is at minimum and accepts all kind of cookies. Do you think that
this hass something to do with web.config settings. A workmate of mine
mentioned that there has been some changes in web.config structure from 1.0
to 1.1 and it may affect the forms authentication process.

Your help is highly appreciated in this urgent problem.

Thanks

ch

P.S. Just to try, I created a new web project and put a label on a page
which shows Request.IsAuthenticated.ToString() and a loginUrl having a
single button which onclick runs FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(). Before
and after clicking the button label shows false.

.NET Follower

just go step by step
monitoring from login ,in the temp internet files
whether the cookie is set ,
on set method
a cookie is stored in there
and on signout it is removed ....