FormsView

Mr. R

Hi

I have a FormsView where I want to let the user edit user information for
their account. I have entered a adefault user with the name "username" so I
can fill an empty form.

For the old site I used Session cockies to save information about username
and password. The cockies should be stored locally on the clients PC. This
should enable the user access to sertain information from the database. I
don't want to add user accounts to the database. The user account is stored
in a table.

Dependig on if you have logged in correctly or not I want to show Edit,
Delete, New or Cancel. For example only if you have an account should you be
able to Delete the account and only if you have an account should you be
able to edit the data.

Now how can I in run-time set these options. I can do it when I create the
connection to the database in the IDE.

The user must be able to add accounts without me having to put the finger on
the account.

Any suggestions.

Mr R.

Mark Rae [MVP]

For the old site I used Session cookies to save information about username
and password. The cookies should be stored locally on the client's PC.

This is a joke, right...?