Formview and external data

Wayne

I am having trouble figuring out how to include Hidden Field or a TextBox
value when I am editing in the FormView Edit Item Template into the Update
Query. They are both located in the EditItemTemplate of the Formview. The
value is grabbed using a function

<asp:TextBox ID="LastUpdatedDate" runat="server" Text='<%# GetDateAndTime
'></asp:TextBox><br />

Public Function GetDateAndTime() As Date
Return Now()
End Function

I also have in the page

<asp:parameter Name="LastUpdatedDate" Type="DateTime" />

And the Update Query includes

[LastUpdatedDate] = @LastUpdatedDate

But the LastUpdated Field becomes NULL

If I could figure out how to do that, it would solve alot of problems. Ive
tried to do this about 3 times without any luck

In an attempt to find a work around I was going to grab the ITEM_ID Number,
using Response.Form

Response.Write("ID Number = " & Request.Form("ITEM_ID"))

Then reinsert Now() as LastUpdatedDate

How can you address values that are posted back using the Formview object

Thanks for your help.

Wayne