FormView and FileUpload

Islamegy®

I'm use FormView for editing a photo gallery... I add FileUpload control to
upload images to the Gallery.

I'm binding my Formview to objectdatasource
i tried upload images onItemInserting & onItemUpdating but no luck..
FindControl() didn't work and can't find my fileUpload control..
any help plzzzzzzzzzz??
I just upgraded to .net 2 and find to much problems with FindControl() in
template controls..
and also i face too many problems with objectdatasource

vMike

Islamegy® said:
I'm use FormView for editing a photo gallery... I add FileUpload control to
upload images to the Gallery.

I'm binding my Formview to objectdatasource
i tried upload images onItemInserting & onItemUpdating but no luck..
FindControl() didn't work and can't find my fileUpload control..
any help plzzzzzzzzzz??
I just upgraded to .net 2 and find to much problems with FindControl() in
template controls..
and also i face too many problems with objectdatasource
You might use something like this. I use it for textboxes, but i would think
it would work for a fileinput control too.
dim ctl as FileUpoad =
ctype(yourformviewname.findcontrol("yourcontrolidname"),FileUpoad)
mike

Islamegy®

Actually this didn't work:
FileUpload fu =(FileUpload)yourformviewname.findcontrol("myFileUpload1");

and after investigate anf try & error it worked like this
FileUpload fu
=(FileUpload)yourformviewname.Row.FindControl("myFileUpload1");

So i Discovered i must select findcontrol in the current Row even the
FormView display only one row per page!!!