FormView Custom Binding help

odeddror

Hi there,

I'm using VWD 2010 ASP.NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2008
Also I have login page with the ASP.NET configuration

one of my page has FormView with Update feature

Evryting works fine user login go to my FormView page and update the record.

Now I created a simple function

Protected Function GetUserName() As String
Return User.Identity.Name
End Function

and one of my coloumn call EditedBy

I replaced the Bind("EditedBy") field binding with

Custom binding GetUserName()

When user update it show the current user login name on the screen
But it won't show in the table itself (it show null value when i do select
statement)

I used to do this with ASP.NET 2.0 with no problem?

How do I fix that?

Thanks,
Oded Dror