FormView layout

Guest

I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
and it works well and fine.
However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?

Or do I have to not use the form view and just create text boxes, if I have
to create from scratch like this how do I bound this layout to the SQL
datasource so it functions the same as the formview tool.
thank you.

Przemek Ptasznik

Bret napisał(a):
I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
and it works well and fine.
However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?

Try to use ControlAdapters.

Guest

Hi

Did you try to change by hand the display of each and every
<Template> that is constructed by the form view
to customize it to your likings
Myself I usealy I change it right after creation to
a <table> which uses the same AlteringColors as
the gridView to which is connected

×× ×ª×©×•×‘×” זו עזרה לך, ×× × ×”×¦×‘×¢ "כן"

If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

Guest

Adlai,
thank you for your reply as Im still very much stuck on this and have a
deadline. What I did was change to "Edit item" mode but it seems the changes
dont stay and are the layout still doesn't line up the way I designed, I must
be doing something wrong.
I would like to try as you mentioned turning it to a table as you said. How
do I accomplish this?