    to create from scratch like this how do I bound this layout to the SQL
    datasource so it functions the same as the formview tool.
    thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldA==?=, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Bret napisał(a):
    > I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
    > and it works well and fine.
    > However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
    > a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
    > the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?

    Try to use ControlAdapters.

    --
    PP

    Przemek Ptasznik, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Hi

    Did you try to change by hand the display of each and every
    <Template> that is constructed by the form view
    to customize it to your likings
    Myself I usealy I change it right after creation to
    a <table> which uses the same AlteringColors as
    the gridView to which is connected

    ×× ×ª×©×•×‘×” זו עזרה לך, ×× × ×”×¦×‘×¢ "כן"

    If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

    Adlai Maschiach
    http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRsYWkgTWFzY2hpYWNo?=, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Adlai,
    thank you for your reply as Im still very much stuck on this and have a
    deadline. What I did was change to "Edit item" mode but it seems the changes
    dont stay and are the layout still doesn't line up the way I designed, I must
    be doing something wrong.
    I would like to try as you mentioned turning it to a table as you said. How
    do I accomplish this?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJldA==?=, Mar 5, 2007