formview not updating record

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon Paal, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Jon   Paal

    Jon Paal Guest

    The form and buttons all display correctly and I can page through the records but when I try to update a record the change does not
    take effect.

    What's missing ??

    in my formview <EditItemTemplate ..> I have the button:
    <asp:Button SkinID="ASPButton" ID="Button6" CommandName="Update" CausesValidation="True" Text="Update" Runat="Server"/>

    I have this for the datasource:
    <asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" runat="server" DataFile="~/App_data/northwind.mdb"
    SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT [EmployeeID], [LastName], [FirstName], [Title], [TitleOfCourtesy], [BirthDate], [HireDate],
    [Address], [City], [Region], [PostalCode], [Country], [HomePhone], [Extension], [ReportsTo] FROM [Employees]"

    UpdateCommand="UPDATE Employees SET FirstName = @FirstName, Title = @Title, Address = @Address WHERE EmployeeID = @EmployeeID">

    </asp:AccessDataSource>

    Jon Paal, Dec 11, 2006