FormView Paging

Jonathan Wood

Okay, so I'm trying to isolate some of the bugs I'm seeing with the Personal
Website Starter Kit, since I'm apparently the only one on the planet who it
does not work for. (I'm using VS2008, .NET 3.5 and Vista.)

The first thing I notice is when I select an image on Photos.aspx, it
appears to correctly display that photo on Details.aspx. However, the
navigation buttons on Details.aspx do not work reliably. Sometimes they
work, sometimes the do not display the correct image, and sometimes I get a
page-not-found error. Note: Even when the wrong picture is brought up,
several controls on the page seems to correctly know which picture is
currently displayed.

The page uses a FormView control and the navigation buttons are defined as
follows:

<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" Runat="server" CommandName="Page"
CommandArgument="First" skinid="first"/>
<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton2" Runat="server" CommandName="Page"
CommandArgument="Prev" skinid="prev"/>
<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton3" Runat="server" CommandName="Page"
CommandArgument="Next" skinid="next"/>
<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton4" Runat="server" CommandName="Page"
CommandArgument="Last" skinid="last"/>

Looks like that rules out using the debugger to see where this is going
wrong. I would really appreciate some tips that would give me even an idea
where else I could look to resolve this. The code is in the control and I
can't find any other patterns to when it does or does not work.

Interestingly, after I select the photo on Photos.aspx, Display.aspx
displays something like Details.aspx?AlbumID=2&page=0 in the address bar.
However, the page value does not usually change as I navigate, and manually
changing the page value in the address bar does not reliably display the
correct picture.

Thanks.

Jonathan