FormView - set mode in aspx based on url param

David Thielen

Hi;

I would like my FormView to be in Edit/Insert mode depending on if there is
a username=abc (not abc specifically, just that there is a username=) in the
url. Or that my ObjectDataSource select finds something. If it's there, it's
edit mode. Otherwise it's insert mode.

At present I am doing:
if (! IsPostBack)
{
if (Request.QueryString["username"] != null)
EditUser.ChangeMode(FormViewMode.Edit);
else
EditUser.ChangeMode(FormViewMode.Insert);

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I think your current approach is reasonable. Is there anything else you
worry about this?

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead