Forum software PHP-MySQL

Nico Schuyt

I'm looking for software to integrate a forum in a website. It should be
based on PHP-MySQL-CSS
Phorum <http://www.phorum.org/> might be an option.

Has any of you experience with that (and is prepared to share :)

Thanks in advance,
Nico Schuyt

cwdjrxyz

I'm looking for software to integrate a forum in a website. It should be
based on PHP-MySQL-CSS
Phorum <http://www.phorum.org/> might be an option.

Has any of you experience with that (and is prepared to share :)

PhpBB is one often used option. The host of my domain allows a one
click install of it from the control panel. Of course you have to have
a MySQL data base, or enter a new one, to get it started. See
http://www.hostexcellence.com/hosting-manual/adding-features#q3e as an
example of how simple it is to install on either a Linux or Windows
server for hosts that have agreements with PhpBB to allow them to
offer this script on their control panel. I have had no need to use
it, but installing it seems much more easy than installing many other
scripts. The main work would be providing the MySQL data base and
selecting which of numerous options you wish to use. If a host does
not have PhpBB built in, they might allow you to add it, but that
would require more work.