    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Finding a bug is a sign you were asleep a the switch when coding. Stop debugging, and go back over your code line by line.
    Roedy Green, Nov 7, 2010

  2. Roedy Green

    markspace Guest

    On 11/7/2010 1:11 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
    > Does anyone know where http://forums.sun.com has gone? The link on
    > Oracle.com to "community" is broken.

    Your link works for me. Probably just some temporary outage along
    whatever path your network takes, or the forums themselves.
    markspace, Nov 7, 2010

  3. Roedy Green

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > Does anyone know where http://forums.sun.com has gone? The link on
    > Oracle.com to "community" is broken.

    Gee, all I did was navigate to
    <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html>
    and click on "Forums"
    <http://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=285>

    The link to which you refer redirects to:
    <http://forums.oracle.com/forums/main.jspa?categoryID=84>

    The difference is that the "categoryID=285" link is specific to Java.

    I'm posting this within an hour or so of the post to which I'm responding.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Nov 7, 2010
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:17:24 -0800, markspace <>

    >Your link works for me. Probably just some temporary outage along
    >whatever path your network takes, or the forums themselves.

    You are right. It works for me now too. I was dreading that they had
    discontinued that huge body of knowledge as some cost-cutting measure.

    Roedy Green, Nov 9, 2010
  5. "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:17:24 -0800, markspace <>
    >
    >>Your link works for me. Probably just some temporary outage along
    >>whatever path your network takes, or the forums themselves.

    > You are right. It works for me now too. I was dreading that they had
    > discontinued that huge body of knowledge as some cost-cutting measure.

    Because keeping some disks online is expensive?
    Mike Schilling, Nov 9, 2010