Lew

Roedy said:
Does anyone know where http://forums.sun.com has gone? The link on
Oracle.com to "community" is broken.

Gee, all I did was navigate to
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html>
and click on "Forums"
<http://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=285>

The link to which you refer redirects to:
<http://forums.oracle.com/forums/main.jspa?categoryID=84>

The difference is that the "categoryID=285" link is specific to Java.

I'm posting this within an hour or so of the post to which I'm responding.

Roedy Green

Your link works for me. Probably just some temporary outage along
whatever path your network takes, or the forums themselves.

You are right. It works for me now too. I was dreading that they had
discontinued that huge body of knowledge as some cost-cutting measure.

Mike Schilling

Roedy Green said:
You are right. It works for me now too. I was dreading that they had
discontinued that huge body of knowledge as some cost-cutting measure.

Because keeping some disks online is expensive?