FOSDEM call for presence: any rubyists interested?

Raphael Bauduin

Just after Rubycon, and just before Euruko is maybe not the best time to send
such a message, but the FOSDEM has made a call for presence regarding their developers rooms
during the 2005 edition in february 2005.

If Rubyists are interested, they can contact devrooms at fosdem dot org. It's a good place to meet
hackers from very different projects (previous years, there were hackers from projects as different as
Postgresql, Gnome, KDE, free java, Mozilla, Mysql, openmosix, Debian, etc).

If you're interested as visitor, entrance is completely free (no pre-registration needed, no entrance fee).

All info at http://www.fosdem.org

Raph

Richard Dale

Raphael said:
Just after Rubycon, and just before Euruko is maybe not the best time to
send such a message, but the FOSDEM has made a call for presence regarding
their developers rooms during the 2005 edition in february 2005.

If Rubyists are interested, they can contact devrooms at fosdem dot org.
It's a good place to meet hackers from very different projects (previous
years, there were hackers from projects as different as Postgresql, Gnome,
KDE, free java, Mozilla, Mysql, openmosix, Debian, etc).

If you're interested as visitor, entrance is completely free (no
pre-registration needed, no entrance fee).

All info at http://www.fosdem.org
Hi Raph

If I come would anyone be interested in a presentation about QtRuby and
Korundum? I agree it would be nice to have a specific meeting room for
rubyists.

-- Richard

Raphael Bauduin

Richard said:
Raphael Bauduin wrote:

Hi Raph

If I come would anyone be interested in a presentation about QtRuby and
Korundum? I agree it would be nice to have a specific meeting room for
rubyists.

Hi Richard,

If no other rubyists are interested, it will be hard to give a room for Ruby.
However, KDE will certainly have a room and I'm sure a presentation about Korundum/QtRuby
could fit in their program.

It would be cool to have a Ruby room though, and there are enough subject to organise a little program
(QtRuby, Ruby on rails, Rake, WxRuby, well, see rubyforge for other possibilities ;-).
It would be an opportunity to promote Ruby/Ruby projects to the open source developers comunity too.

Dates of the event are 26 and 27th feb 2005.

Raph

Richard Dale

Raphael said:
Hi Richard,

If no other rubyists are interested, it will be hard to give a room for
Ruby. However, KDE will certainly have a room and I'm sure a presentation
about Korundum/QtRuby could fit in their program.
Yes, KDE and ruby go together beautifully - you don't see what an elegant
api it is, while it's hidden under all that C++ cruft :). Alex Kellett and
myself did a lot of Ruby evangelising at the KDE aKademy conference. We've
got Zack Rusin as a convert for instance, and he's busy writing a Korundum
app now.
It would be cool to have a Ruby room though, and there are enough subject
to organise a little program (QtRuby, Ruby on rails, Rake, WxRuby, well,
see rubyforge for other possibilities ;-). It would be an opportunity to
promote Ruby/Ruby projects to the open source developers comunity too.
How about getting somebody to sell copies of the new pickaxe book there - is
that possible?
Dates of the event are 26 and 27th feb 2005.
I look forward to it - I've been been for the past three years now. Thanks
for doing such a good job organising the meeting.

Raphael Bauduin

Richard said:
Raphael Bauduin wrote:

Yes, KDE and ruby go together beautifully - you don't see what an elegant
api it is, while it's hidden under all that C++ cruft :). Alex Kellett and
myself did a lot of Ruby evangelising at the KDE aKademy conference. We've
got Zack Rusin as a convert for instance, and he's busy writing a Korundum
app now.

How about getting somebody to sell copies of the new pickaxe book there - is
that possible?

O'Reilly is our main sponsor, and I thought they distributed the book in Europe (is that correct?).
I'll check with them if it's possible to have it at FOSDEM.
I look forward to it - I've been been for the past three years now. Thanks
for doing such a good job organising the meeting.

Thanks ;-)

Raph