foucus, outline around an image

Kate

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to change the colour of the outline around
an image link. At the bottom of the page I have the html/css validation
image links and at the moment they are bright blue. I know there is a lot
of thoughts on messing with the focus on a link, but I just want to state I
only wish to change the colour of these two. I have tried using the outline
property in css but it doesn't seem to be supported by any of the browsers.
And after a while of searching I haven't been able to come up with anything.
Only JavaScript options, and I would prefer not to use JavaScript on the
site.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,
Kate

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wwsfamilies/index.html

Jukka K. Korpela

Kate said:
I was wondering if it is possible to change the colour of the outline
around an image link.

Do you really mean the outline? Then the answer is that in theory its color
could be set in CSS, but in practice don't bother.
At the bottom of the page I have the html/css
validation image links

Oh, if that's the problem, the solution is simple: remove them.
They are just pointless distraction to users and foolish horn blowing
(and quite often even false claims).

mscir

Jukka said:
Do you really mean the outline? Then the answer is that in theory its color
could be set in CSS, but in practice don't bother.

Oh, if that's the problem, the solution is simple: remove them.
They are just pointless distraction to users and foolish horn blowing
(and quite often even false claims).

For future reference:

img{
border: 0px; /* remove border */
/* use one or the other, not both */
border: 1px solid #FFBBDD; /* specify color, thickness, style */
}

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/properties/border/border.htm
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp
http://www.tizag.com/cssT/border.php

Mike

mscir

Jukka said:
If that's the answer, then outline wasn't the question.

Apologies to the OP, I didn't know there was a valid CSS outline, I
looked it up and found that outline has very poor support, not even IE
supports it in CSS2. After reading this I suspect they meant border
after all. OP care to comment?

http://www.htmlref.com/reference/appb/css_outlines.htm

outline-color

This property accepts all CSS color values as discussed earlier in the
appendix as well as in Appendix E. The keyword invert is also supported
and should perform a color inversion on the pixels on the screen.

Examples

p:hover {outline-style: dashed; outline-color: green;}
..test {outline-width: 10px; outline-style: solid; outline-color: #f00;}

=====================================
Browser and CSS Support Notes
=====================================
CSS2
No IE support
Nav 6, 7 use a proprietary style
Opera 7

Mike

Kate

Kate said:
Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to change the colour of the outline around
an image link. At the bottom of the page I have the html/css validation
image links and at the moment they are bright blue. I know there is a lot
of thoughts on messing with the focus on a link, but I just want to state I
only wish to change the colour of these two. I have tried using the outline
property in css but it doesn't seem to be supported by any of the browsers.
And after a while of searching I haven't been able to come up with anything.
Only JavaScript options, and I would prefer not to use JavaScript on the
site.

Many thanks to all, I think I've sorted it out now.

Have a great weekend,
Kate