Found a very interesting web design...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by iwach, Jan 3, 2009.

  1. iwach

    iwach Guest

    iwach, Jan 3, 2009

  2. iwach

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <495ed16a$0$22069$>,
    iwach <> wrote:

    > http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/Thunderbolts/videos.html
    >
    > A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
    >
    > Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
    >
    > Any comments???

    Just one. See for yourself what happens when you adjust the text size on
    your own computer a click or two up.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 3, 2009

  3. On 2009-01-03, iwach wrote:
    > http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/Thunderbolts/videos.html
    >
    > A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
    >
    > Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
    >
    > Any comments???

    It seems to be a good way *not* to design a web page:
    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thunderbolts.jpg>

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jan 3, 2009
  4. iwach

    iwach Guest

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    > On 2009-01-03, iwach wrote:
    >> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/Thunderbolts/videos.html
    >>
    >> A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
    >>
    >> Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
    >>
    >> Any comments???

    > It seems to be a good way *not* to design a web page:
    > <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thunderbolts.jpg>

    Ouch... Just seen in IE7. Sooooossssssllllllloooooowwwwwwww!

    THANX! :)

    iwach, Jan 3, 2009
  5. On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:46:02 +0900, iwach wrote:

    > http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/Thunderbolts/videos.html
    >
    > A lot of divs or rather layers with absolute positions.
    >
    > Seems to be easy way to design a stable web page.
    >
    > Any comments???
    >
    > Pro or cons?
    >
    > TIA

    I just wandered over the page with Firefox's debugging tools.
    I *love* how each and every link has its own class.

    (BTW: Fx three seems to handle resizing the page quite well. I was
    surprised.)

    Jeremy J Starcher, Jan 3, 2009
  6. iwach

    Bergamot Guest

    Jeremy J Starcher wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:46:02 +0900, iwach wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.thunderboltsproject.com/Thunderbolts/videos.html

    > (BTW: Fx three seems to handle resizing the page quite well. I was
    > surprised.)

    Not surprising at all if you are doing a page zoom, rather than text zoom.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 3, 2009