"Found Perl"

brian d foy

I'm creating "Found Perl"[0], a little, virtual Perl memorabilia museum.
I've got a lot of stuff to include, and I bet the community has orders
of magnitude more.

I've been looking at Found Magazine[1] since I heard about it on
This American Life[2]. They publish pictures things that people find
lying about: mostly flat things like scraps of paper. I'd like to do
that for Perl.

For instance, I have on display:

* Pictures of a couple of versions of the Perl Monger t-shirt
* The temporary camel tattoo I was giving out at one of the Perl
conferences
* My original receipt for my first copy of Programming perl
* Mark Jason's card announcing "Perl Advanced Techniques Handbook"
(now "Higher Order Perl")
* and some other things

There is a lot of stuff I'd like to find, and even more stuff I probably
don't know about. If you have something, please send me an image or scan
at (e-mail address removed)[3].

* a picture of Amelia, the camel mascot of London.pm
* Nat's "Perl is my bitch" sticker set (What were the other slogans?
* An original blow-in card for The Perl Journal
* Pictures of other Perl t-shirts, especially the one given out at
the first couple of Perl conferences
* The O'Reilly beret given out at one of the Perl conferences
* Scans of signatures from various Perl people (I don't have
any myself)
* Tim Bunce's handwriting on a bar napkin saying "Generic database
interface: use GDI or something" :)
* Images of swag (keychains, water bottles, pens) that Perl
vendors gave out.
* Instances of the string "Perl" in everyday life. I remember seeing
an image of a European road sign pointing to "Perl". I think it
was German, but I can't find it.
* and lots of other stuff that might be out there.

Thanks, and enjoy (and contribute!)

[0] http://www.theperlreview.com/Found/
[1] http://www.foundmagazine.com/
[2] http://www.thislife.org
[3] mailto:[email protected]

Iain Chalmers

brian d foy said:
* Images of swag (keychains, water bottles, pens) that Perl
vendors gave out.

I _think_ I've still got my Stonehenge branded mini swiss army knife
around somewhere... If I find it I'll send you a photo...
* and lots of other stuff that might be out there.

How about the Perl fridge magnets? And one of those Perl Certifications
that you were handing out many years ago at The Perl Conference? A big
version of the map showing where Perl Mongers groups are?

big (I wonder if anyone saved any fragments of Jon Orwants coffee cup?)

brian d foy

Iain said:
How about the Perl fridge magnets?

Yeah, the Magnetic Poetry is somewhere on the list of things I
covet.
And one of those Perl Certifications
that you were handing out many years ago at The Perl Conference?

I'd like some of those too, but that was Nat printing those :)
A big
version of the map showing where Perl Mongers groups are?

I've got to get that from Leon. :)

Martin Kissner

brian d foy wrote :
[...]

Maybe you would be interested in a map with Perl on it.

http://www.perl-mosel.de/rathaus/bilder/karte.gif
and
http://www.stadtplan.net/index.asp?direct=brd/saarland/perl/home.html

Or the coat of arms of Perl.

http://www.perl-mosel.de/bilder/perl_index2.jpg

HTH

John M. Gamble

I'm creating "Found Perl"[0], a little, virtual Perl memorabilia museum.
I've got a lot of stuff to include, and I bet the community has orders
of magnitude more.

Is there a shot of Adam Back's RSA In Four Lines of Perl around?
Particularly of the mailing label version Duncan Frissell designed?
There was a photograph of it in the NYT in April of 1995 when
the NYT covered a convention on cryptographic technology.

Michele Dondi

* The temporary camel tattoo I was giving out at one of the Perl
conferences

What about Perlguy's (IIRC the guy's "name") non-temporary one?

Michele