Four simple (I think) questions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Jun 3, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    The element shown below works OK. But if I add runat="Server" I get the
    following compile error:

    Too many characters in character literal
    <iframe id="QQQQQ" name="QQQQQ" src="../Home/TestFile.htm"

    onload="setWidthHeight('QQQQQ');" style="border: 2px solid aqua;"
    scrolling="auto">

    </iframe>

    Got any idea what is wrong?

    Second question:
    When is it OK to use "this" in an aspx file to refer to the element it is
    on?
    As in: onload="setHeight(this);"
    (I understand how to use such an argument in the JavaScript function)

    Third question:.
    Does onload refer to a code-behind method or a Javascript method. Or maybe I
    should ask: When does...

    Finally:
    Sometimes I see both "name and "id" specified (as in the above)

    I remember reading the doc and "name" had to be used if, for example, the
    iFrame is a Target of a TreeNode. I do that and it works OK but I wonder
    what is the rational for not using Id? When do I need to specify both?

    I really appreciate the answer to one or more of the above!

    Cal Who, Jun 3, 2010