Fragment Caching w/Menu control not working

Ben Fidge

I'm trying to use ASP.NET 2.0's Menu control in a UserControl with fragment
cahcing but it doesn't work. This UserControl and menu combination make up
my sites left hand navigation and is database driven so would make sense to
use output caching to reduce load. The menu changes very rarely.

For some reason though, the "fly-out" dynamic menus (1 level) don't work
properly with cachign enabled. I can click one of the sub-menus but on the
subsequent page render, the sub-menus are no longer available.

This must be a fairly common problem so can anyone tell me if i'm doing
something wrong, or if this control is not suitable for this kind of
caching.

Thanks

Ben