fragment page caching

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by quique, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. quique

    quique Guest

    Hi
    I,m gonna explain my scenario problem:

    I've got an user control that i want to cache in diferent
    pages attending to the value of a parameter x, to make t
    possible i put the next directive in the definition of
    the control
    <%@ OutputCache Duration="50" VaryByParam="x"%>

    I,ve got two pages (page1in and page2in) that submits to
    a handler that proceses the incoming requests and
    depending on a value it transfer to diferent pages, in
    this scenario there are two pages that shows the user
    control (page1out and page2out).

    I'm gonna explain the behavior:
    All submits have the same value for the parameter x (to
    prove the caching behavior)

    when i submit from page1in to page2out (passing through
    the handler) the control shows ok,
    when i submit from page2in to page2out (passing through
    the handler) the control shows the cached values Ok,
    but the problem is that when i submit from page1in to
    page2out (this page has the same user control) the user
    control does not have the cached values...

    Can anybody explain me what is happening, because if the
    page has the same user control an the parameter that
    controls the caching policy is the same , why don`t reurn
    cached values???? it's seems like when the handler
    transfers to another page loses status information or ...
    i don't know

    anybody who can help me??? please

    Thanks

    quique, Oct 30, 2003