Frame Listener

G

I am not sure how to go about creating a "frame listener" (as it is known in Java circles) in C# in ASP.Net. In essence, I to enable a parent frame to listen for, and to handle specific javascript calls from a child iFrame

I have an asp.net page with an embedded iFrame. The initial iFrame source is determined by the parent frame UI. The iFrame content is collections of local HTML pages that provide an internal navigation system. All this is designed to provide a client review forum for CBT content

So, the user sets the source (or initial page) for the iFrame. After that navigation is handled by the HTML (SCORM compliant CBT) links within the iFrame content disiplay

Each HTML to be displayed in the iFrame contains a JavaScript function that provides its file name. The js function cannot be modified to accommodate simple script remoting (for example: parent.functionName()).

Because the child page scripting cannot be modified, I need to capture the data from this function in the iFrame parent window via a socket or some other means.

I am not familiar with sockets or remoting and I am not sure how to begin to find a solution to this challenge. Can anyone help get me started in the right direction

Print | Copy URL of this post

.. .

Manage Your Profile |Legal |Contact Us |MSDN Flash Newslette
©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |Privacy Statement

G

Correction to my originl post

The iFrame content pages contain a call to a function - not the function itself. The function will reside within the parent page.

Ask a Question