Frame Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Chris Kennedy wrote:
    > I have a button on a webform in frame 1 which causes a frame to loaded into
    > frame 2 in my frame set. I need, however, for some server side code in the
    > button's onclick event to execute before the other frame refreshes. Is this
    > possible. Cheers.

    not unless you pass the call to frame2 back to frame1 after the process
    completes.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 20, 2005

  2. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Chris Kennedy wrote:
    > I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain it with a bit psedocode.
    > Cheers

    All I'm saying is that you will have to have the first frame call some
    clientside javascript to force the second frame to refresh/load/etc.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 20, 2005

  3. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 20, 2005
  4. I have a button on a webform in frame 1 which causes a frame to loaded into
    Chris Kennedy, Jul 21, 2005
  5. I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain it with a bit psedocode.
    Cheers

    Chris Kennedy, Jul 21, 2005
  6. No I know how to get the first frame to make the second frame reload.
    Frame 1 has a button. I want to press the button, trigger a postbaack to
    execute some server side side code then cause the second frame to refresh.
    Any ideas.

    Chris Kennedy, Jul 21, 2005