Frame question

Peter van Rijt

Hello everybody,

No nonsense, immidiatly to-the-point.

We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
the other guy is working on the lay-out.

But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).

We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!
Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

Thanks!
Grtz,

Peter & Wouter

Leif K-Brooks

John W.

Peter van Rijt said:
Hello everybody,

No nonsense, immidiatly to-the-point.

We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
the other guy is working on the lay-out.

But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).

We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!

How do you succeed to have a table_lay-out to look different in 3
browsers : IE 6 different from Moz 1.5 and again different in O 7.11
:-(
Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?
LOL Use approx 12 frames (fast count, estimate)?

John OO

Michael Weber

[Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:14:49 GMT/Leif K-Brooks]
Good for that he didn't use frames, but seems to be using tables for
layout. Don't do that.

Till IE8 comes out, Layout-Tables are more compatible. Anything
else (e.g. **** da spacer.gif) are different opinions, nothing
more.

regs
michael

Hywel Jenkins

Hello everybody,

No nonsense, immidiatly to-the-point.

We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
the other guy is working on the lay-out.

But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).

We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!
Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

"Warranty" not "Waranty".

Andrew Davidson

Steve R. said:
Leif K-Brooks wrote in message ...

Don't take his word for it. Here's someone saying "Frames are no longer the disaster they were"
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990502.html

From the quoted useit.com page:
"I conclude that:: All ten mistakes from 1996 are still mistakes in 1999; Nine
of the ten mistakes still cause significant usability problems and should be
avoided in modern websites".

Frames are included in the "nine".

-- Andrew Davidson

Peter van Rijt

Leif K-Brooks,

I don't agree to your statement.

My opinion is that an important result of using frames is that they create
smaller pages.
Q: Why?
A: Because it isn't nescasary for every page to have te complete lay-out in
it.
Ofcourse it can be solved bij include files, but that doesn't have my
preference.

Grtz,
Peter

ps Anyone who knows it?

Michael Weber

Hi Peter,

[Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:29:39 GMT/Peter van Rijt]
Leif K-Brooks,

I don't agree to your statement.

My opinion is that an important result of using frames is that they create
smaller pages.
Q: Why?
A: Because it isn't nescasary for every page to have te complete lay-out in
it.

So you need a complete redesgin?

ps Anyone who knows it?

Sure, but not "answerable".

If you would know how to get your content into frames, your next
question was "How do we link from one frame to another?" and so on.
Better ask your Designer. You cannot simply split you content into
frames. You need to rebuild the whole thing. Having a single
home.html in a frameset is not a solution. Its useless :-D

regs
michael

JT

Peter van Rijt said:
We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
the other guy is working on the lay-out.
But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).
We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!
Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

If I interpret your post correctly, you want your site in frames. If so, you
need your home page (index.html) to set up a top frame for your logo and
links, then a bottom frame for the content from the top page links

If this is what you require and you don't know how to do it, go here:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp