    Thanks!
    Grtz,

    Peter & Wouter

    Peter van Rijt, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Leif K-Brooks, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Peter van Rijt

    Steve R. Guest

    Steve R., Nov 6, 2003
  4. Peter van Rijt

    John W. Guest

    "Peter van Rijt" <> wrote:

    >Hello everybody,
    >
    >No nonsense, immidiatly to-the-point.
    >
    >We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
    >the other guy is working on the lay-out.
    >
    >But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
    >withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).
    >

    >We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!

    How do you succeed to have a table_lay-out to look different in 3
    browsers : IE 6 different from Moz 1.5 and again different in O 7.11
    :-(

    >Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

    LOL Use approx 12 frames (fast count, estimate)?

    John OO
    --
    <http://webcel.nl/>

    "Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
    - John Archibald Wheeler -

    John W., Nov 6, 2003
  5. [Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:14:49 GMT/Leif K-Brooks]
    > Peter van Rijt wrote:
    >
    > > But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
    > > withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).

    > Good for that he didn't use frames, but seems to be using tables for
    > layout. Don't do that.

    Till IE8 comes out, Layout-Tables are more compatible. Anything
    else (e.g. **** da spacer.gif) are different opinions, nothing
    more.

    regs
    michael

    Michael Weber, Nov 6, 2003
  6. In article <h3vqb.178934$>,
    says...
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > No nonsense, immidiatly to-the-point.
    >
    > We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
    > the other guy is working on the lay-out.
    >
    > But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
    > withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).
    >
    > We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!
    > Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

    "Warranty" not "Waranty".

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 6, 2003
  7. "Steve R." <> wrote in message
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote in message ...
    > > Don't.
    > > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

    > Don't take his word for it. Here's someone saying "Frames are no longer the

    disaster they were"
    > http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990502.html

    From the quoted useit.com page:
    "I conclude that:: All ten mistakes from 1996 are still mistakes in 1999; Nine
    of the ten mistakes still cause significant usability problems and should be
    avoided in modern websites".

    Frames are included in the "nine".

    -- Andrew Davidson

    Andrew Davidson, Nov 6, 2003
  8. Leif K-Brooks,

    I don't agree to your statement.

    My opinion is that an important result of using frames is that they create
    smaller pages.
    Q: Why?
    A: Because it isn't nescasary for every page to have te complete lay-out in
    it.
    Ofcourse it can be solved bij include files, but that doesn't have my
    preference.

    Grtz,
    Peter

    ps Anyone who knows it?

    Peter van Rijt, Nov 6, 2003
  9. Hi Peter,

    [Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:29:39 GMT/Peter van Rijt]
    > Leif K-Brooks,
    >
    > I don't agree to your statement.
    >
    > My opinion is that an important result of using frames is that they create
    > smaller pages.
    > Q: Why?
    > A: Because it isn't nescasary for every page to have te complete lay-out in
    > it.

    So you need a complete redesgin?

    > ps Anyone who knows it?

    Sure, but not "answerable".

    If you would know how to get your content into frames, your next
    question was "How do we link from one frame to another?" and so on.
    Better ask your Designer. You cannot simply split you content into
    frames. You need to rebuild the whole thing. Having a single
    home.html in a frameset is not a solution. Its useless :-D

    regs
    michael

    Michael Weber, Nov 7, 2003
  10. Peter van Rijt

    JT Guest

    "Peter van Rijt" wrote:
    > We are making a webshop. I do the code for the administrator functions and
    > the other guy is working on the lay-out.
    > But, now we've got a situation here. The "lay-out designer" made a lay-out
    > withoud frames (http://members.chello.nl/f.jkvanrijt/Layoutv3/home.html).
    > We don't now how we can get the home.html (the startup page) to frames!
    > Is there anybody who know's how we can do it?

    If I interpret your post correctly, you want your site in frames. If so, you
    need your home page (index.html) to set up a top frame for your logo and
    links, then a bottom frame for the content from the top page links

    If this is what you require and you don't know how to do it, go here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

    JT, Nov 7, 2003