    Is there a way that I can refresh a particular frame on the ASP page from
    the server side ...

    thanks

    abcd, Mar 21, 2006

  2. this is about the only way just using server side and hyperlinks...
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-frames.asp

    your really reloading everything but with the frame contents the querystring
    specifies

    maybe not what yoru looking for but
    its a handy trick

    Kyle Peterson, Mar 21, 2006

  3. abcd wrote:
    > Is there a way that I can refresh a particular frame on the
    > ASP page from the server side ...

    No. The only thing ASP knows about the client is the content of its
    requests. The client makes requests, the server makes responses.

    The only way to refresh a frame, then, is to convince the client to send a
    new request. This can be done with a META refresh in the frame itself, or by
    client-side scripting (this can come from from a different frame or window).

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Mar 21, 2006