frame scroll problem

idriss

i want to scroll one frame's or canvas 's whole content (it will contain
other subframes and subframes will contain bitmaps) I couldn't find
where is my fault. if you can find my fault or have some example codes
like this please help me thanks from now.....

from Tkinter import *
import Image, ImageTk

root = Tk()

mainFrame = Canvas(root,width=400, height=420, bg='gray50',relief=RIDGE)
mainFrame.pack(fill=BOTH,expand=1)

scroll = Scrollbar(mainFrame)
scroll.pack(side=RIGHT,expand=1,fill=BOTH)

mainFrame.configure(xscrollcommand=scroll.set)

subFrame = Frame(mainFrame,width=200,height=300)
subFrame.pack(expand=1,fill=BOTH)

picNo =0
img = []

# two picture placed side by side
imgfile = 'c:\untitled.bmp'
lbl = Label(subFrame, bd=0)
lbl.place(anchor=NW)
masterImg = Image.open(imgfile)
masterImg.thumbnail((500, 500))
img.append(ImageTk.PhotoImage(masterImg))
lbl['image'] = img[picNo]
picNo = picNo + 1
lbl.pack(side=LEFT)

imgfile = 'c:\untitled.bmp'
lbl = Label(subFrame, bd=0)
lbl.place(anchor=NW)
masterImg = Image.open(imgfile)
masterImg.thumbnail((500, 500))
img.append(ImageTk.PhotoImage(masterImg))
lbl['image'] = img[picNo]
picNo = picNo + 1
lbl.pack(side=LEFT)
root.mainloop()

Peter Abel

idriss said:
[...]

See http://effbot.org/zone/tkinter-autoscrollbar.htm .
There's an example of automatic Scrollbars, which are removed when
not needed. Further more there's described how to scroll a Canvas
widget with subwidgets on it.
Regards
Peter