Framecheck does only work with static pages, not with perlscript-output

Discussion in 'Java' started by Carsten Brauer, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Everybody knows the problem when you work with frames, it may happen
    that a page is shown which should have been loaded as a part of a
    complete frameset. To avoid this you can use java, for example
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var Dateien = "FRAMESET.htm?DATEI.htm";

    if (top.frameset_geladen + "" != "okay"){
    if(document.images)
    top.location.replace(Dateien);
    else
    top.location.href = Dateien ;
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var frameset_geladen = "okay";

    function SeiteLaden() {
    if(self.location.search.length > 0) {
    var Search_Laenge = self.location.search.length;
    var info_url =
    self.location.search.substring(1,Search_Laenge);
    self.INFO.location.href = info_url; }
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <FRAMESET ... onLoad="SeiteLaden(); return true;">

    (from http://support.serv.ch/lang/html/js/faq/fenster/framecheck.html
    )

    But this does not work if the url of the loaded single page that
    should be shown in a frameset is no static url but generated from a
    script like this one:
    "http://www.kunststoffprodukte.de/cgi-local/baumarkt-cgi/his-webshop.pl?f=NR&c=4020&t=temartic"
    I'd like to reach that everytime someone comes about a searchengine to
    one productpage (like this one above) the frameset
    (../../../baumarkt/index.html)is loaded including the referring
    productpage (http://www.kunststoffprodukte.de/cgi-local/baumarkt-cgi/his-webshop.pl?f=NR&c=4020&t=temartic)
    in the Frame which is named "Hauptframe". With the script mentioned
    above I can only name one single file that shall be loaded in the
    "Hauptframe". Problem: I do not have one page per product, I have a
    database and the perlscript that generates the .htm-pages using the
    templates, in this case the "temartic.htm". You find the shop at
    www.baumarkt-direct.de
    I hope anyone can understand what I want.

    Carsten Brauer, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Carsten Brauer

    Chris Smith Guest

    Carsten Brauer <> wrote:
    > Everybody knows the problem when you work with frames, it may happen
    > that a page is shown which should have been loaded as a part of a
    > complete frameset. To avoid this you can use java, for example
    > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

    That's not Java, actually. It's JavaScript, which is a completely
    different language that has very little in common with Java except in
    name.

    JavaScript questions are best answered in comp.lang.javascript.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Nov 24, 2004