Frames alternative help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rimu Atkinson, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. try using a <div> (or panel) ?? with the correct CSS styles applied, you can
    get it to add scrollbar when the contents are too big for it's dimensions

    "C P" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to build a custom web control and I know that frames aren't a
    > great idea, but I'm not clear on how else to get what I'd like. I'd like

    > tree (for navigation) in a left hand pane, and probably a grid (or
    > dynamically created HTML with comboboxes and text) in a right hand pane.
    > Ideally there would be a splitter of some sort between the two panes -

    much
    > like http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp. A key problem that
    > frames will cause (I think) is that clicking on the navigation tree in the
    > left pane should cause the info in the right pane to be saved on the
    > postback. It'd be easier if this whole thing could function like (part

    of)
    > a single form, but I'm not sure how to do the resizing without frames.
    > Since the goal is for this to be a custom control that may end up being

    one

    Rimu Atkinson, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Rimu Atkinson

    C P Guest

    I'm trying to build a custom web control and I know that frames aren't a
    great idea, but I'm not clear on how else to get what I'd like. I'd like a

    C P, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Rimu Atkinson

    C P Guest

    I'll look into that, but it sounds like I'll only be able to scroll the
    panes rather than be able to resize them? It would be great if I could just
    stick a splitter between a treeview and my other html control, but I haven't
    found anything like that. :(

    C P, Feb 10, 2004