Frames and Response.Redirect / Response.Write - Refresh

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I have an ASPX page that is storing data into a session Variable:
Session("Name") = "Chuck"
When the User clicks "Next" on the page, it naviages to "Details.aspx",

Details.aspx has two frames (one on the left and another on the right).

frameset rows="90,100%" border="0" frameSpacing="0" frameBorder="0">
frame src="Header.aspx" name="top">
frameset cols="190,100%">
frame src="Order.aspx" name="left">
frame src="Products.aspx" name="right">
/frameset>
/frameset>

The Frame on the right loads page "Order.aspx" which has the following code
in the load event:

TextBox1.Text = Session("Name")

The problem is that the load event does not fire when the "Details.aspx"
page is called, rendering the Textbox1.Text Control Empty.

If I click the Refresh button after Details.aspx is rendered, the data is
stored properly on the page.

I also experimented with the following which have not worked either.

TextBox1.text = "Hello"

And from the page that navigates to Details.aspx:

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache);
Response.Redirect("OrderFrame.aspx")

And from the page that navigates to Details.aspx:

Response.Redirect("OrderFrame.aspx?=4")

I have also tried the following in the Load Event of Details.aspx:

Response.Write("<SCRIPT
language='javascript'>parent.left.location='Order.aspx';</SCRIPT>")
Response.Write("<SCRIPT
language='javascript'>parent.right.location='Products.aspx';</SCRIPT>")

Nothing has worked (Except for clicking the "Refresh" button on the
browser),

Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

Just wanted to say, I figured out something that works.

Posted = Session("Posted")
Posted += 1
If Posted < 3 Then
Response.Write("<SCRIPT
language='javascript'>window.location.reload()</SCRIPT>")
Session("Posted") = Posted
End If

Thanks,

Chuck

Charles A. Lackman

Hello.

The code I just showed works on my development machine, but not on the
server.
It refreshes the page, but the data is not transferred properly.

Any Ideas,

Chuck