Frames and Response.Redirect / Response.Write - Refresh

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Charles A. Lackman, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I have an ASPX page that is storing data into a session Variable:
    Session("Name") = "Chuck"
    When the User clicks "Next" on the page, it naviages to "Details.aspx",

    Details.aspx has two frames (one on the left and another on the right).

    frameset rows="90,100%" border="0" frameSpacing="0" frameBorder="0">
    frame src="Header.aspx" name="top">
    frameset cols="190,100%">
    frame src="Order.aspx" name="left">
    frame src="Products.aspx" name="right">
    /frameset>
    /frameset>

    The Frame on the right loads page "Order.aspx" which has the following code
    in the load event:

    TextBox1.Text = Session("Name")

    The problem is that the load event does not fire when the "Details.aspx"
    page is called, rendering the Textbox1.Text Control Empty.

    If I click the Refresh button after Details.aspx is rendered, the data is
    stored properly on the page.

    I also experimented with the following which have not worked either.

    TextBox1.text = "Hello"

    And from the page that navigates to Details.aspx:

    Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache);
    Response.Redirect("OrderFrame.aspx")

    And from the page that navigates to Details.aspx:

    Response.Redirect("OrderFrame.aspx?=4")

    I have also tried the following in the Load Event of Details.aspx:

    Response.Write("<SCRIPT
    language='javascript'>parent.left.location='Order.aspx';</SCRIPT>")
    Response.Write("<SCRIPT
    language='javascript'>parent.right.location='Products.aspx';</SCRIPT>")

    Nothing has worked (Except for clicking the "Refresh" button on the
    browser),

    Any Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Chuck

    Charles A. Lackman, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Hello,

    Just wanted to say, I figured out something that works.

    Posted = Session("Posted")
    Posted += 1
    If Posted < 3 Then
    Response.Write("<SCRIPT
    language='javascript'>window.location.reload()</SCRIPT>")
    Session("Posted") = Posted
    End If

    Thanks,

    Chuck

    Charles A. Lackman, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Hello.

    The code I just showed works on my development machine, but not on the
    server.
    It refreshes the page, but the data is not transferred properly.

    Any Ideas,

    Chuck

    Charles A. Lackman, Jan 11, 2006