Frames and tables - why not?

Jonathan N. Little

Andy said:
Have you _tried_? It's the easiest way to find out.
Note though Jim, most likely to get SSI to work many servers are
configured such that the file extension needs to be 'shtml' not 'html'
and are restricted to the 'virtual' function on includes:

## test.shtml ##

<head>
<title>Test SSI</title>
</head>

<!--#include virtual="insert.html" -->

## insert.html ##

Note: on the included bits, don't duplicate HTML, HEAD, BODY, ...
elements... just put in the bits you need to make a complete document.

Jim S

Note though Jim, most likely to get SSI to work many servers are
configured such that the file extension needs to be 'shtml' not 'html'
and are restricted to the 'virtual' function on includes:

## test.shtml ##

<head>
<title>Test SSI</title>
</head>

<!--#include virtual="insert.html" -->

## insert.html ##

Note: on the included bits, don't duplicate HTML, HEAD, BODY, ...
elements... just put in the bits you need to make a complete document.

I had tried but someone else asked yesterday and got the reply from support:
"SSI is not available on the old basic PWP, and currently there is no
advanced tier available as an upgrade"

When I tried the above it showed the above HTML as the page itself :eek:?

Jonathan N. Little

Jim said:
I had tried but someone else asked yesterday and got the reply from support:
"SSI is not available on the old basic PWP, and currently there is no
advanced tier available as an upgrade"

Well Jim, you know what they are saying? Time to look for new hosting!
Dime-a-dozen and your can probably find better package for your needs at
a better price.