    I like the frames model for information sites. Any suggestion on fixing
    this problem appreciated.

    Regards - Segue

    segue, Jul 10, 2009

  2. segue

    segue Guest

    Here's the frames with some syntax I've tried regarding the Doctype - thanks

    <%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="project1.WebForm1"
    CodeFile="Frames.aspx.cs" %>

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-Frameset.dtd">

    <!--DOCTYPE transitional PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd"-->
    <!--!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"-->

    <head>
    <title>Project1</title>
    content="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd" />
    <!--meta name="vs_targetSchema"
    content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"-->
    </head>

    <frameset framespacing="no" rows="54px,600" id="tabstrip" border="no"
    frameborder="no">
    <frame name="tab" src="tabstrip/default.aspx"/ frameborder="no"
    scrolling="no">
    <frameset framespacing="no" cols="15%,85%" id="toolbar" border="no"
    frameborder="no">
    <frame name="nav" src="toolbar/sometoolbar.html" scrolling="no">
    <%--frame name="main"
    src="http://www.someredirect.com/nav/treeview1.aspx" scrolling=yes
    noresize--%>
    <frame name="main" src="/somepage/info.aspx" scrolling="yes">
    </frameset>

    </frameset>

    segue, Jul 10, 2009

  3. segue

    segue Guest

    I'll try to answer what kind of doctype I'm using within the frameset.

    I'm importing aspx pages within the frames. The frames page is a .aspx page.

    The aspx pages include standard html and asp.net code.

    segue, Jul 13, 2009
  4. segue

    segue Guest

    All Frame aspx pages are using:

    segue, Jul 13, 2009
  5. segue

    segue Guest

    Any suggestions regarding subpage doctypes for frames?

    segue, Jul 16, 2009