Frames causes back-button to malfunction..... any remedies?

Matt MC

Hello,

Is there anyway to detect when the back button has been pushed? I have
three frames, and it requires three pushes of the back button to get
back to the previous "window". I would like to detect when the user
pushes it and send them back in one go.

thanks,

Matt.

mbstevens

You have to be very careful about this. If you press the
back button when you're already in the previous window,
it can bring your operating system down and damage your
soft disk.

Julia Briggs

Matt said:
Hello,

Is there anyway to detect when the back button has been pushed? I have
three frames, and it requires three pushes of the back button to get
back to the previous "window". I would like to detect when the user
pushes it and send them back in one go.

thanks,

Matt.

<script>
reverse(){
null
}
</script>

Adrienne

<script>
reverse(){
null
}
</script>

Well, that's not going to work for _anyone_, maybe onunlOad, and that's if
the user has javascript available.