Frames - change two framesets with one link

Björn Heise

Hi,

I want to change two framesets with one link.
My page has three sections, one on the left (1) and two (2, 3) on the right.
See exapample:
________________
| |_____2_______|
| | |
| 1 | 3 |
|__ |_____________|

Now I want to change the html-files in section 2 and 3 by clicking only one
link in section 1.
But I can only change one of the both files on the right side.
(<a href="2.html" target="2">link</a>)

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Björn

Steve Pugh

Björn Heise said:
I want to change two framesets with one link.

Two framesets or two frames?
My page has three sections, one on the left (1) and two (2, 3) on the right.
See exapample:
________________
| |_____2_______|
| | |
| 1 | 3 |
|__ |_____________|

Now I want to change the html-files in section 2 and 3 by clicking only one
link in section 1.

Link to a new frameset document with target="_top". You will need to
create a new frameset for every combination of pages, but that's just
one of the disadvantages of using frames.

Or you can use JavaScript, but then you need to decide which frame is
more important to update as users who do not have JS will only have
the one frame linked to in the standard href updated.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.html#frame-update2

http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

Steve