FRames, how to retrieve from frame 1 name of frame 2

Georgios Zakitraxis

Hi,

i have frames.
I want to retrieve from a page in frame 1 the pagename of the page in frame
2

That should be possible with javascript, but I don't know how to.

Suggestions, Hints, did anybody do that before?

Thanks

kaeli

2

What do you mean by page name?
The name as defined in the frameset source?
The current URL?
The title, as defined in the html of the page?

You can get a reference to any frame (window object) with
top.frames['frameName'] (where frameName is the name defined in the frameset)

or

top.frames[0]
top.frames[1]
etc

Accessing any properties of a frame window object from another frame window
object requires the pages come from the same domain, using the same protocol.
If your frameset loads external pages and you try to get, say, the
document.body.innerHTML, you'll get a security error.

~kaeli~
Quantum Express: When you absolutely, positively, don't
know where it's going or when it needs to be there.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace