    TIA
    dogdog

    , Dec 8, 2004

  2. rf Guest

    wrote:

    > I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
    > I've defined the frameset the html document being
    > called by the popup function. However the frames are not
    > showing up. I have the two documents for the frames setup and
    > when I view them in the browser they work fine, just not in
    > frames.
    > The framed documents are both <FORM> cgi script textboxes.
    >
    > What am i doing wrong? Is it in the javascript? Do I need to
    > setup more functions for the javascript to define the form?

    You have an error in line 21.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
    > I've defined the frameset

    <snip>
    > What am i doing wrong?

    What aren't you doing wrong? Relying on Javascript, popups, frames...

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, rf <rf@.invalid> said:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What am i doing wrong?

    > You have an error in line 21.

    Wow, you must have one of the new model crystal balls. Mine couldn't get
    the line number.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004
  5. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:13:38 +1100, Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Previously in alt.html, rf <rf@.invalid> said:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What am i doing wrong?

    >> You have an error in line 21.

    > Wow, you must have one of the new model crystal balls.

    Its called Mozilla Firefox

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 8, 2004
  6. rf Guest

    Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:13:38 +1100, Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    > > Previously in alt.html, rf <rf@.invalid> said:

    > >> You have an error in line 21.

    > > Wow, you must have one of the new model crystal balls.

    > Its called Mozilla Firefox

    Nope. A browser would not help here. The OP failed to provide a URL.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 8, 2004

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:05:29 +0000, rf wrote:

    > Jeffrey Silverman wrote:

    >> > Wow, you must have one of the new model crystal balls.

    >> Its called Mozilla Firefox

    > Nope. A browser would not help here. The OP failed to provide a URL.

    Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
    I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
    has to be a M$ site.

    Please, if you have nothing to offer keep your posts to yourself.
    Replies do go to /dev/null on this one. Keep your posts to the problem at
    hand and not your problems.
    tks
    dogdog

    , Dec 8, 2004
  8. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup.

    No, you've found a newsgroup that helps those who make an effort.

    > Keep your posts to the problem at
    > hand and not your problems.

    This is Usenet. It is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
    something, we discuss it. If you have a question and that happens to get
    answered in the course of the discussion, then great. If not, you can
    have a full refund of your membership fees.

    HTH. HAND.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:10:38 +1100, Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Previously in alt.html, <> said:
    >
    >> Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup.

    > No, you've found a newsgroup that helps those who make an effort.

    No I really dont think so!

    >> Keep your posts to the problem at
    >> hand and not your problems.

    > This is Usenet. It is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
    > something, we discuss it. If you have a question and that happens to get
    > answered in the course of the discussion, then great. If not, you can
    > have a full refund of your membership fees.

    Full refund for what. I wouldnt dare ask for a refund from people that are
    less helfpul than this newsgroup so far.

    > HTH. HAND.

    , Dec 8, 2004
  10. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > Full refund for what.

    Exactly. Whatever you get here you get for free. If you want a helpdesk,
    that's down the hall, 3rd door on your right. Have your credit card
    ready.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:36:08 +1100, Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Previously in alt.html, <> said:
    >
    >> Full refund for what.

    > Exactly. Whatever you get here you get for free. If you want a helpdesk,
    > that's down the hall, 3rd door on your right. Have your credit card
    > ready.

    Thanks but no thanks. I think this group has proven its worth and that
    worth is called unsubscribe.

    , Dec 8, 2004
  12. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > Thanks but no thanks. I think this group has proven its worth and that
    > worth is called unsubscribe.

    Your loss. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 8, 2004
  13. rf Guest

    > > Nope. A browser would not help here. The OP failed to provide a URL.

    > Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
    > I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
    > has to be a M$ site.

    Just calm down a bit and re-read your original post. Here it is:

    <quote>
    I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
    I've defined the frameset the html document being
    called by the popup function. However the frames are not
    showing up. I have the two documents for the frames setup and
    when I view them in the browser they work fine, just not in
    frames.
    The framed documents are both <FORM> cgi script textboxes.

    What am i doing wrong? Is it in the javascript? Do I need to
    setup more functions for the javascript to define the form?
    </quote>

    Now contrast this with the following:

    <scenario>
    Man in auto workshop: My car has this nasty thumping sound coming from the
    front when I go around a corner. Can you help me.

    Mechanic. Sure, where is the car?

    MIAW: It's not here. The wife took it shopping.

    M <quietly walks away/>
    </scenario>

    See a similarity?

    Now, if you had provided a URL to your site your problem would already be
    solved :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 8, 2004
  14. Karl Core Guest

    Karl Core, Dec 8, 2004
  15. Neal Guest

    dogdog:

    > Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
    > I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
    > has to be a M$ site.
    >
    > Please, if you have nothing to offer keep your posts to yourself.
    > Replies do go to /dev/null on this one. Keep your posts to the problem at
    > hand and not your problems.

    What a total jackass this guy is, or a troll. I hope he's a troll.

    First, no URL to refer to. We cannot possibly figure out this issue
    without a URL. The OP fails to provide it when asked.

    Second, failing to understand this is Usenet, a discussion environment, he
    commands us to "keep your posts to the problem at hand" and NOT use the
    newsgroup for what it is intended for. What a total asshole.

    Third, he's making almost every mistake in the book. Well, I used to do
    that to, so I'm sympathetic. But the Usenet rules tell you to read for a
    while before posting. This is why. No excuse for being surprised when
    folks point out you're an idiot when, infact, you're being an idiot. No
    excuse for not providing a URL to the issue when it's asked for in like
    every 5th post.

    Plus - oh this is priceless - it's a M$ site. Pray tell, what's the URL of
    this site?

    I'd love to help this guy, seriously. But his posts don't tell me he wants
    a lick of help - he wants stroking, he wants us all to snap to his needs
    as if we're getting paid for this.

    I recomment OP takes a fucking chill pill, and reposts with a bit less
    attitude, and maybe we might be willing to help him sort out his mess. Or
    he can flounder in the dark and have a broken site. Alternately, he could
    pay some lackey to do it for him. But with all modesty, we're the best
    deal in town - so long as you help us help you, and tolerate our side
    comments and general banter.

    Neal, Dec 8, 2004
  16. Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:

    > I think this group has proven its worth

    Sure as hell has so what you bitchin about dog boy.

    --
    Turtles have such tiny ears!

    Duende, Dec 8, 2004
  17. Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

    > What a total jackass this guy is, or a troll. I hope he's a troll.

    NO NO NO!!! He can't be a troll. That would give us real trolls a bad rep.

    --
    Turtles have such tiny ears!

    Duende, Dec 8, 2004
  18. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:05:57 +0000, rf wrote:

    > <scenario>
    > Man in auto workshop: My car has this nasty thumping sound coming from the
    > front when I go around a corner. Can you help me.
    >
    > Mechanic. Sure, where is the car?
    >
    > MIAW: It's not here. The wife took it shopping.
    >
    > M <quietly walks away/>
    > </scenario>
    >
    > See a similarity?

    And even here, the analogy misses the same fact that the OP is missing,
    which is that "Man in auto workshop" is probably getting paid to help
    whereas no one here is getting a nickel. (or suitable non-US currency
    $0.05US equivalent)

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 8, 2004
  19. Neal Guest

    Jeffrey:

    > And even here, the analogy misses the same fact that the OP is missing,
    > which is that "Man in auto workshop" is probably getting paid to help
    > whereas no one here is getting a nickel. (or suitable non-US currency
    > $0.05US equivalent)

    True - but that clearly doesn't change the fact that unless we can look
    under the hood, we can't fix your car, whether for free or for a fee.

    Neal, Dec 8, 2004
  20. Jan Faerber Guest

    rf wrote:

    > <quote>