Frames question

dogdog

I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
I've defined the frameset the html document being
called by the popup function. However the frames are not
showing up. I have the two documents for the frames setup and
when I view them in the browser they work fine, just not in
frames.
The framed documents are both <FORM> cgi script textboxes.

What am i doing wrong? Is it in the javascript? Do I need to
setup more functions for the javascript to define the form?

any help would be great
TIA
dogdog

rf

I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
I've defined the frameset the html document being
called by the popup function. However the frames are not
showing up. I have the two documents for the frames setup and
when I view them in the browser they work fine, just not in
frames.
The framed documents are both <FORM> cgi script textboxes.

What am i doing wrong? Is it in the javascript? Do I need to
setup more functions for the javascript to define the form?

You have an error in line 21.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
You have an error in line 21.

Wow, you must have one of the new model crystal balls. Mine couldn't get
the line number.

dogdog

Nope. A browser would not help here. The OP failed to provide a URL.
Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
has to be a M$ site.

Please, if you have nothing to offer keep your posts to yourself.
Replies do go to /dev/null on this one. Keep your posts to the problem at
hand and not your problems.
tks
dogdog

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup.

No, you've found a newsgroup that helps those who make an effort.
Keep your posts to the problem at
hand and not your problems.

This is Usenet. It is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
something, we discuss it. If you have a question and that happens to get
answered in the course of the discussion, then great. If not, you can
have a full refund of your membership fees.

HTH. HAND.

dogdog

No, you've found a newsgroup that helps those who make an effort.

No I really dont think so!
This is Usenet. It is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
something, we discuss it. If you have a question and that happens to get
answered in the course of the discussion, then great. If not, you can
have a full refund of your membership fees.

Full refund for what. I wouldnt dare ask for a refund from people that are
less helfpul than this newsgroup so far.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Full refund for what.

Exactly. Whatever you get here you get for free. If you want a helpdesk,
that's down the hall, 3rd door on your right. Have your credit card
ready.

dogdog

Exactly. Whatever you get here you get for free. If you want a helpdesk,
that's down the hall, 3rd door on your right. Have your credit card
ready.
Thanks but no thanks. I think this group has proven its worth and that
worth is called unsubscribe.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Thanks but no thanks. I think this group has proven its worth and that
worth is called unsubscribe.

Your loss. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

rf

(e-mail address removed)
Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
has to be a M$ site.

Just calm down a bit and re-read your original post. Here it is:

<quote>
I have a webpage thats using javascript to start a popup.
I've defined the frameset the html document being
called by the popup function. However the frames are not
showing up. I have the two documents for the frames setup and
when I view them in the browser they work fine, just not in
frames.
The framed documents are both <FORM> cgi script textboxes.

What am i doing wrong? Is it in the javascript? Do I need to
setup more functions for the javascript to define the form?
</quote>

Now contrast this with the following:

<scenario>
Man in auto workshop: My car has this nasty thumping sound coming from the
front when I go around a corner. Can you help me.

Mechanic. Sure, where is the car?

MIAW: It's not here. The wife took it shopping.

M <quietly walks away/>
</scenario>

See a similarity?

Now, if you had provided a URL to your site your problem would already be
solved :)

Neal

dogdog:
Guess I've found the jackass newsgroup. So, other than producing webpages
I guess I have opened a door to the total non-helpers of the world. This
has to be a M$ site.

Please, if you have nothing to offer keep your posts to yourself.
Replies do go to /dev/null on this one. Keep your posts to the problem at
hand and not your problems.

What a total jackass this guy is, or a troll. I hope he's a troll.

First, no URL to refer to. We cannot possibly figure out this issue
without a URL. The OP fails to provide it when asked.

Second, failing to understand this is Usenet, a discussion environment, he
commands us to "keep your posts to the problem at hand" and NOT use the
newsgroup for what it is intended for. What a total asshole.

Third, he's making almost every mistake in the book. Well, I used to do
that to, so I'm sympathetic. But the Usenet rules tell you to read for a
while before posting. This is why. No excuse for being surprised when
folks point out you're an idiot when, infact, you're being an idiot. No
excuse for not providing a URL to the issue when it's asked for in like
every 5th post.

Plus - oh this is priceless - it's a M$ site. Pray tell, what's the URL of
this site?

I'd love to help this guy, seriously. But his posts don't tell me he wants
a lick of help - he wants stroking, he wants us all to snap to his needs
as if we're getting paid for this.

I recomment OP takes a fucking chill pill, and reposts with a bit less
attitude, and maybe we might be willing to help him sort out his mess. Or
he can flounder in the dark and have a broken site. Alternately, he could
pay some lackey to do it for him. But with all modesty, we're the best
deal in town - so long as you help us help you, and tolerate our side
comments and general banter.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
What a total jackass this guy is, or a troll. I hope he's a troll.

NO NO NO!!! He can't be a troll. That would give us real trolls a bad rep.

Jeffrey Silverman

<scenario>
Man in auto workshop: My car has this nasty thumping sound coming from the
front when I go around a corner. Can you help me.

Mechanic. Sure, where is the car?

MIAW: It's not here. The wife took it shopping.

M <quietly walks away/>
</scenario>

See a similarity?

And even here, the analogy misses the same fact that the OP is missing,
which is that "Man in auto workshop" is probably getting paid to help
whereas no one here is getting a nickel. (or suitable non-US currency
$0.05US equivalent)

Neal

Jeffrey:
And even here, the analogy misses the same fact that the OP is missing,
which is that "Man in auto workshop" is probably getting paid to help
whereas no one here is getting a nickel. (or suitable non-US currency
$0.05US equivalent)

True - but that clearly doesn't change the fact that unless we can look
under the hood, we can't fix your car, whether for free or for a fee.

Jan Faerber

rf said:
<quote>
<scenario>