frames question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Patrick, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Hi experts,

    I am trying to help a guy fix up an incomplete site, other coder quit. I
    have a question about how the site narrows the main page in a frame view.
    The page is formatted to have large margins of blank (but colored) margins
    and is centered. I am using a 17" monitor at high res, so I figure it's like
    that so lesser resolutions can see the entire thing at once. Here is the
    frameset index file:

    /*entire index.htm file */

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Computer Parts Source.com</TITLE>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
    <FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 rows=5000,* frameBorder=0>
    <FRAME src="cpsv1.htm">
    <FRAME src="about:blank"></FRAMESET></HTML>

    */ top part of cpsv1 */

    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>ComputerPartsSource.com</TITLE>
    <LINK href="cps.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

    Most of the rest of the code is tables that set up top and lefthand menus.
    But these tables have width=100% and yet are NOT 100% of the screen. Why not
    is my q? The middle of the page is blank for new items etc.

    The site may or may not be up right now: http://www.computerpartssource.com

    TIA,
    Patrick
    psully at eatel dot net
    Patrick, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Patrick

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote:

    >Hi experts,

    Yes, we saw your question the first time you asked it, and when you
    multi-posted it to ciwah as well.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Patrick

    JDS Guest

    JDS, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    I could not see it, something must've been wrong on my end. Sorry. It's not
    like it was huge waste of bandwidhth.

    Patrick, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Ok, thanks all. Sorry for the troubles. The code seems such a mess. Hiding
    the URL numbers seems like a good hint. And table size 770 is probably the
    answer.
    I really should start from scratch? ok, maybe.

    TY ALL!
    patrick
    Patrick, Feb 17, 2005