frames question

Patrick

Hi experts,

I am trying to help a guy fix up an incomplete site, other coder quit. I
have a question about how the site narrows the main page in a frame view.
The page is formatted to have large margins of blank (but colored) margins
and is centered. I am using a 17" monitor at high res, so I figure it's like
that so lesser resolutions can see the entire thing at once. Here is the
frameset index file:

/*entire index.htm file */

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Computer Parts Source.com</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 rows=5000,* frameBorder=0>
<FRAME src="cpsv1.htm">
<FRAME src="about:blank"></FRAMESET></HTML>

*/ top part of cpsv1 */

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>ComputerPartsSource.com</TITLE>
<LINK href="cps.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

Most of the rest of the code is tables that set up top and lefthand menus.
But these tables have width=100% and yet are NOT 100% of the screen. Why not
is my q? The middle of the page is blank for new items etc.

The site may or may not be up right now: http://www.computerpartssource.com

TIA,
Patrick
psully at eatel dot net

Patrick

I could not see it, something must've been wrong on my end. Sorry. It's not
like it was huge waste of bandwidhth.

Patrick

Ok, thanks all. Sorry for the troubles. The code seems such a mess. Hiding
the URL numbers seems like a good hint. And table size 770 is probably the
answer.
I really should start from scratch? ok, maybe.

TY ALL!
patrick