FrameSet, Access another page's method from server?

terry

Hi,
I am using a FrameSet with three frames. In server code
(c# code behind) is it possible for a page to call a
function in another page of the frameset? I suspect that
it is not possible but it sure would be nice.

Thanks for your help,
Terry

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

You can call a client side javascript function in one frame from a client
side javascript function in another frame.
If you're talking about server side code then you're out of luck.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Terry,

Thanks for posting in the group.

Steve is right here. If we are calling client side script, surely we could achieve it. But if we call server side code, then it is not
possible. Since each page instance is created when IIS received a http request. It is not possible for us to call function of
another page since we couldn't get its instance.

However, you may try to make the function as a static function. For an example:
public static void testFunc()
{
int i = 1;
}

I tested it on my side and it works. Every page could call this static functin by using:
Webform1.testFunc();

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang