    cols="1">
    </frameset>

    Thank you.

    Jan Plastenjak, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Jan Plastenjak

    CJM Guest

    "Jan Plastenjak" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Is there a way to assign html code to frames "in code", not to have to
    > specify src property?

    No

    See http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#h-16.2.2

    Notice it says that the Frame element is 'empty'. This means it doesnt have
    a closing tag and can contain anything.

    The src attribute is the method by which you must specify the starting HTML
    for your frame.

    I'm not sure why you are trying to do this, but I suspect there are better
    ways. Why dont you tell us what your overall objective is.

    And finally, no post about frames is complete without...
    http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?FramesAreEvil

    hth

    Chris

    CJM, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Thank you for your help. I'm trying to show in one page XML and HTML.
    XML have XSL transformation and it produces HTML. I'll try to attach source
    with this post. I couldn't find other way to display XML and HTML in one
    page, except, to use frames.

    Jan Plastenjak, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Jan Plastenjak

    Mark Schupp Guest

    This would be best asked in an HTML group.

    I have seen a frameset that did this by calling a JavaScript variable for
    the "SRC" attribute of the target frame as in:

    <frame name="content" src="javascript:parent.emptyFrame">

    where emptyFrame was defined earlier as:

    I personally would not do this for fear of browser-specific problems. I
    usually load a blank page into the target frameset and then use JavaScript
    to rewrite the page after it loads.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development