frameset, viewstate, treeview...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bill, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. bill

    bill Guest

    I'm upgrading an existing IIS application to .NET webforms.

    I need to preserve the existing look/feel - a covnentional 3-pane frameset
    with a header, left-side treeview menu, and content frame on the right side.

    I can't use integrated security, so I need to hide the username/password in
    the viewstate, or keep them in session variables.

    It is becoming cumbersome, and I'm looking for advice if anyone has
    confronted a similar scenario.

    I guess the treeview menu has to use client-side scripting to populate the
    content frame.
    Can I pass the viewstate to the new aspx in the content frame somehow?

    Would I be better off mimicking a frameset in one aspx page, with multiple
    user controls for the treeview, header, and various content items? I just
    don't want any complaints about the whole screen flickering when a selection
    is made on the treeview.

    Thanks
    Bill

    bill, Mar 14, 2005