Frameset

dorayme

Jake said:
In message

Wrong, my friend.

Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.

(.... sits back and waits for MP to provide a reference to disprove that
statement.)

It's just that there's so many 'urban myths' out there that, when
repeated enough times, take on the permanence of fact.

Just trying to keep you honest.

Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames. And you
can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
Safricans... (hi Mark!)

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake
Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.

Perhaps not directly. But conversely I have never seen you say that
frames are not suitable for general use (I'm willing to be proved
wrong).

And anyone who recommends *not* using frames gets cried down with shouts
of "Heretic!" (yes, I'm exaggerating :). Therefore you are indirectly
recommending them.
Just trying to keep you honest.

Ditto. :)

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames.

I don't. I hate using frames sites, and I hated writing frames sites
(only ever did one or two).
And you
can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
Safricans...

*mutter grumble mutter* But there's 2 games left - we can still win the
series.
(hi Mark!)

<waves>

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake
Actually, a well-written frames-based site won't give you any
accessibility problems.

You're right. But making a frames-based site properly accessible takes
far more work than one without frames. That's not worth it IMNSHO,
unless you're charging by the hour. :-D

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
*mutter grumble mutter* But there's 2 games left - we can still win the
series.

Probably we will. Honestly, I still reckon the Poms just got
lucky, but that there is something always more inherently
dangerous about the Safricans. A gut feeling. Anyway, best wishes
over next week or so....

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Probably we will. Honestly, I still reckon the Poms just got
lucky, but that there is something always more inherently
dangerous about the Safricans. A gut feeling.

Yes, and especially with Kallis likely to be back.
Anyway, best wishes
over next week or so....

Ditto. Do Martians have any special traditions for Christmas? Do they
celebrate Christmas?

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
... a frames-based site properly accessible takes
far more work than one without frames. That's not worth it IMNSHO,
unless you're charging by the hour.

So that is why I made a frames based site! And why I undid a
frames based site. And maybe why I should redo some in frames...

:)

Jake

In message
dorayme said:
Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames. And you
can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
Safricans... (hi Mark!)

We're talking cricket here, right?

Sadly, if it's a choice between watching cricket and watching paint dry
...... well, that's a tough one ;-)

Jake

In message
Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake

Perhaps not directly. But conversely I have never seen you say that
frames are not suitable for general use (I'm willing to be proved
wrong).

And anyone who recommends *not* using frames gets cried down with shouts
of "Heretic!" (yes, I'm exaggerating :). Therefore you are indirectly
recommending them.

Ditto. :)
As 'honest' men, we'll just have to agree to differ on this one .....
until next time ;-)

dorayme

Jake said:
We're talking cricket here, right?

Sadly, if it's a choice between watching cricket and watching paint dry
..... well, that's a tough one ;-)

Yes, I understand.

I like watching live, even a small village team, brings back fond
memories... But, if you have no history with the game or watch it
on telly, it is harder...

In the new year I will make a framed site just for fun, because I
can and because it is one of the few things one can do to buck
the "established" view...