Frameset

Kevin Spencer

I'm a bit confused. A Frameset is a frameset. It's not an ASP.Net entity;
it's an HTML entity. You do it the same. Unless I'm misunderstanding your
question.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

Helixpoint

sorry in Visual Studio??
I figured it out

Kevin Spencer said:
I'm a bit confused. A Frameset is a frameset. It's not an ASP.Net entity;
it's an HTML entity. You do it the same. Unless I'm misunderstanding your
question.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

Jacky Kwok

Kevin said:
I'm a bit confused. A Frameset is a frameset. It's not an ASP.Net entity;
it's an HTML entity. You do it the same. Unless I'm misunderstanding your
question.

HTH,

Hi:

Just a little bit comment.

Yes, a frameset is basically a HTML entity only. However, ASP.NET can
still give some programming fucntion to it.

e.g. dynamically decide the frame source.

//--WebForm1.aspx

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="_20030626_Frame.WebForm1" %>
<head>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="*,*">
<%=GetFrame1()%>
<%=GetFrame2()%>
</frameset>

//--WebForm1.aspx.cs

//
//
InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}

/// <summary>
/// </summary>
private void InitializeComponent()
#endregion

public string GetFrame1()
{
return "<frame name=\"top\" src=\"http://www.microsoft.com\" >";
}

public string GetFrame2()
{
return "<frame name=\"top\" src=\"http://msdn.microsoft.com\" >";
//--

We can use the ASP.NET programming to do anything , for example check
user login or not.

Change to display different frames depends on what information in the
session, etc.

Maybe someone does not agress to use frameset in ASP.NET. However, I
just point out a probability.