    files (the two frames) having no code/script in them, just basic HTML information.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Jerry

    JAW, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Re: Framesets - Event in frame 'A' triggering update of frame 'B' - How ?

    You tell the server to update the frame in the same way you tell the server
    to update the current page: you make a Request. In this case, to update
    another frame in the frameset, you would probably use JavaScript:

    window.parent.frameName.document.location = "URL";

    - or -

    window.parent.frames[index].document.location = "URL";

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "JAW" <> wrote in message
    > I have posted this in a couple of the other newsgropus but have not

    recieved any responses. Thought I would try it here.

    > I have a frameset that contains frames (top and bottom). In the bottopm

    frame I have a datagrid, with a command button
    > on the first column of the grid. When I click on the button for the

    appropiate row of data, I retreive information from
    > the row of the datagrid and place this information into session variables

    for the other frame to retrieve. No problem so
    > far. What I want to do is then trigger a update (repost ?) of the data in

    frame 'B', but I can not figure out how I tell
    > the server to update this frame. I do not want to update frame 'A'. So far

    this is all written in VB.NET, with the asp

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 9, 2004

  3. JAW

    JAW Guest

    Kevin Spencer wrote:
    > You tell the server to update the frame in the same way you tell the server
    > to update the current page: you make a Request. In this case, to update
    > another frame in the frameset, you would probably use JavaScript:
    >
    > window.parent.frameName.document.location = "URL";
    >
    > - or -
    >
    > window.parent.frames[index].document.location = "URL";

    Thanks Kevin. Now My question is how to simulate this in VB.NET ?

    JAW, Nov 9, 2004